In Campbell Shipping we fully understand that the successful organizations are those that have the ability to identify and manage the RISKS associated with the business. Based on the global surveys, it is a known fact that companies in the top 20% of risk maturity actually generated three times the level of earnings as those in the bottom 20%. Organizations have limited resources and these need to wisely used to manage the RISK, it is therefore essential to understand the RISK universe under which a company operates. We can certainly assist you to operate effectively. RISK MANAGEMENT is therefore a core part of the corporate strategy.
The company can assist organizations with the following:
- Establishing a robust & consistent RISK management framework across various business units i.e. Fleet, Technical Management, Commercial Management and Human Capital development.
- Undertake Audits / Safety & Technical Inspections
- Undertake On board Training with Officers & Crew
The RISK MANAGEMENT framework include the following:
- Defining each business units core objectives
- Understanding various RISKS involved in achieving these objectives & establishing RISK tolerances
- Establishing controls activities in managing the RISKS
- Ensuring relevant information is communicated at various levels of the organization both ashore & on board
- Ensuring there is a framework to ascertain that controls activities & its effectiveness are taking place as it should (Internal Audit Framework)
- Ensuring incidents & near misses are used as an opportunity to further review and enhance the
RISK MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
The internal audits are an opportunity to verify compliance/effectiveness and as well an exercise to review existing control activities for any improvements. Audits & on board training are two sides of a coin, crew are trained to perform their tasks and then audited to ensure they perform tasks as per expectations. If there are gaps identified in the audit process, the crew are trained again as part of continual improvement cycle. Campbell Shipping can also assist clients in undertaking independent internal audits and on board training. The company has a specific team of Auditors/Trainers covering both deck & engine discipline. Innovative software & on-board technology is used to undertake audits and report the findings to the management in real time. The audit report, based on scoring mechanism, provides analytical information to the management on areas requiring improvements.
The company can also assist clients in establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each business unit.